Prayer Group & Organizational Meeting
Every Wednesday until December 9, 2020
6:45pm – 8:00pmCategory: Church Meeting | Coordinator: Scott Adamsons
All active members of Lighthouse Baptist Church are encouraged to attend the Wednesday Evening Prayer Group & Organizational Meetings from 6:45 pm to 8:00 pm starting November, 4, 2020 and running through December 6th (estimated completion date).
In addition to normal prayer requests, we will be seeking the Lord's guidance in reviewing the church constitution, by-laws, and statement of faith to recommend possible updates to the entire congregation in December. We had intended to initiate this process earlier this year, but COVID-19 delayed this review.
Pastor Scott would specifically like interested members to provide input and opinions in regard to the following changes:
- Separating the Constitution and Bylaws from the Statement of Faith and Pastoral Compensation documents.
- Update the Statement of Faith to make it easier to read, address current social changes to prevent possible litigation liability, and separate the core values of the church from its preferred convictions (both are important and should be documented, but one deals more with Christian liberty verses core doctrinal beliefs).
- Update leadership descriptions to match biblical roles; elders vs deacons vs ministry/business leaders.
- Introduce an emergency leadership team provision for times when church membership changes prevent biblically-qualified individuals from filling critical positions.
- Streamline all documents without erroding the safeguards that enable the Holy Spirit to work through the Body of Believers in effectively managing the operation of the church.
The current documents are adequate but cumbersome, state the truth but potentially expose us to unneeded liability, and do not provide sufficient legal empowerment to the church body in the event of certain changes in membership demographics. These meetings are intended to discuss these issues, provide opportunity for prayer, and create an appropriate collaborative forum that is accessible and transparent from which recommendations for amendments may be presented to the church body for consideration.